Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Butternut Squash Soup -YUM!

I did not always love soup. This was before I started cooking. I was afraid of soup. I was afraid of the salt and cream hidden in soups that would otherwise seem healthy.
I love butternut squash---like LOVE LOVE LOVE. I guess you get it. I found a healthy recipe through Whole Foods website. I made their Hearty Minestrone in the past and thought they would have some good ideas.

Sundays are usually my cooking day or my big cooking day. I was not sure what my husband was going to say because he generally likes soup that is cream based. I try to fight him.....this time .... I did add a tiny bit of half and half....sometimes he is just right! It needed just a little. : )

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/recipe.php?recipeId=1975

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I love this soup. Have you tried it with leeks in it?

Robyn said...

no but there were onions ...next time.